New Mindfulness Mediation Series
6-Week long mindfulness course
What is mindfulness?
“Mindfulness” is used in many contexts nowadays and there are many different understandings of the term. It is a blend of meditation, body awareness, and yoga: learning through practice and study how your body handles and deals with stress, communication and daily activities neurologically. Mindfulness practice can help to bring more awareness into your life and it can help to cultivate lost connection of the self with the body and with life itself.
Participants will be provided with: links for recordings of short meditations to follow for a daily practice, workbook
Week 1. How to cultivate mindfulness
– What is mindfulness?
– The origins of mindfulness
– Meditation and mindfulness
– The science and clinical applications of mindfulness
– Mindfulness and neuroscience
– Basic mindfulness breathing
– The wandering mind
– The posture of presence
Week 2. The way of the body
– Coming home into the body
– The mindful witness
– Awakening body awareness
– Breath is your comfort
– The body scan practice
– Turning into the senses
– Mindful walking
– Mindful stretching
Week 3. The power of being present
– How to live all your moments
– Mindful eating
– The modes of doing and being
– Sitting meditation
– Mindful hatha yoga
– Introduction to your energy
– The power of surrender and acceptance
Week 4. Mindfulness and stress – the awareness of your patterns
– What is stress and how to use mindfulness to respond
– Our habitual reactions to negative experiences as anger, anxiety and sadness
– The power and impact of aversion
– Cultivation of a greater degree of awareness.
– Mindfulness and our moods
– Dissolving pain
Week. 5 Building resilience and self-love
– Mindfulness of thought and emotions
– Using mindfulness to boost creativity
– Planning new behaviours and habits with mindfulness
– Cultivating well-being of the self
– Changing the way you perceive and respond to difficulties and how it can help you with stress.
– Dissolving karma
– The power of being grateful
Week 6. Beyond the self – cultivating compassion
– Extending mindfulness beyond the self
– Mindful communication
– Cultivating love for others and the people you dislike
– Interpersonal mindfulness – applying awareness and presence at times when communication becomes difficult.
– Meet your ego. Observe your ego
– Access your higher self and expanded awareness
Practice day – 1-day retreat (additional)
This day will provide space for the participants to deepen their mindfulness practice over an extended period with the help of the group and a guided structure.
The practice day will include: sitting, lying down, walking meditation, eating meditation with periods of silence and group sharing with self-reflection.
Each participant will access benefits related to their own life, which they then will be able to apply to enhance the quality of their life.